1. Ragi Flour – 1 Cup
2. Millet Flour – 1/2 Cup
3. Foxtail Millet Flour – 1/2 Cup
4. Butter – 1/2 Cup
5. Powdered Sugar – 1/2 Cup
6. Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
7. Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
8. Milk – 1 Cup
9. Condensed Milk – 1/2 Tin
10. Pineapple Crush or Pulp – 1/2 katori
11. Choco Chips – 2 tsp
12. Pineapple Cubes Marinated in Chocolate – 1/2 Katori
13. Pineapple Cubes Marinated in Sugar Syrup – 1/2 Katori
14. Pineapple Essence – 1/4 tsp
15. For Brushing
16. Pineapple Flavoured Sugar Syrup – 5 tsp
17. For Icing
18. Whipped Cream – 2 Cup
19. Shredded Dark Chocolate – 1 Cup
Method Of Preparation
1. Firstly, we will make Pineapple Cubes Marinated in Chocolate.
2. For this double boil dark chocolate in pan and add 1/2 katori Pineapple Cubes to it.
3. Marinate pineapple cubes and take it out in plate.
4. Keep it in fridge for Half Hour to allow it set.
5. Now we will make Pineapple Cubes Marinated in Sugar Syrup.
6. For this take 4 tsp sugar, add 2 tbsp. water.
7. Allow it to boil to make sugar syrup.
8. Add 1/2 Katori Pineapple Cubes to it.
9. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
10. Keep this aside for half hour.
11. Remove cubes after half hour and remaining Pineapple Flavored Sugar Syrup we will use for brushing.
12. Now we will make our Multi Millet Pineapple Cake
13. Take RAGI FLOUR, MILLET FLOUR & FOXTAIL MILLET FLOUR in a bowl and add baking powder, baking soda and Pineapple Crush to it. Mix it well.
14. In another bowl mix melted butter and powdered sugar, whisk them thoroughly.
15. Add condensed milk and whisk again thoroughly.
16. When the mixture gets puffy, add milk to it and mix.
17. Then add RAGI FLOUR, MILLET FLOUR & FOXTAIL MILLET FLOUR and Pineapple Crush mixture with continuous stirring to make lumps free batter.
18. Add Choco Chips, 1 tsp of each Pineapple Cubes Marinated in Chocolate & Pineapple Cubes Marinated in Sugar Syrup and Pineapple Essence to batter.
19. Mix it gently.
20. Our batter of Multi Millet Pineapple Cake is ready.
21. Pour this batter into a previously greased and dusted cake pan.
22. Tap pan to spread batter evenly.
23. Now keep this cake for baking in a pre-heated oven at 180°c for 30 minutes.
24. Check cake with the help of knife.
25. If cake do not stick on knife then cake is done.
26. Demould the cake.
27. Remove upper hard part and then cut the cake in two slices.
Assembling of Multi Millet Pineapple Cake
28. Spread Pineapple Flavored Sugar Syrup on surfaces of two cake slices with the help of brush.
29. Add 2 to 3 drops of Pineapple Essence to Whipped Cream .Mix it well.
30. Spread whipped cream on first slice of cake.
31. Sprinkle few cubes of pineapple Marinared in Chocolate & Marinated in Sugar Syrup.
32. Put the second layer of cake on this.
33. Cover all cake with remainig whipped cream.
34. Sprinkle Shreded Dark Chocolate on the top of cake.
35. Ganish top of the cake with remaining pineapple cubes marinated in Sugar Syrup and place remainig pineapple cubes Marinared in Chocolate around the cake at base.
36. Our MULTI MILLET PINEAPPLE CAKE is now ready. Serve it chilled.
Eco Jivan Recipe Contest Winner