- Ragi Flour / Finger millet flour – 3/4 cup
- Ghee- 5 tbsp.
- Roughly chopped Dates – 1/4 cup
- Dry date powder – 1/4 cup
- Chopped Badam (Almond), pista and cashew – 1 tbsp each
- Elaichi (Cardamom) powder – 1 tbsp.
- Coconut Milk – 6 tbsp.
- Alsi (Flax seeds) Powder – 1 tbsp.
- Pipramul (Ganthoda / Peppermaul) Powder – 1 tbsp.
Method Of Preparation
- Soak roughly chopped dates in coconut milk for 10 minutes and then make a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan, add ghee.
- As ghee warms up, add ragi flour and roast it on a very low flame, until the flour changes color and become fragrant.
- Switch off the flame and keep it aside. Now add finely chopped badam, pista, and cashew; add elaichi powder, dry dates powder, flax seed powder, pipramaul powder and mix well.
- Spread it on the greased plate. Allow it to cool.
- Grease the knife to cut the desired shape of the barfi.
Ragi Barfi is now ready to serve..!!
Eco Jivan Recipe Contest Winner